INDEPENDENT IT CONSULTANT
WEB DESIGN * HARDWARE * TECH SUPPORT * APPLICATIONS
Highly-motivated, IT Specialist with 10+ years experience and comprehensive skills in programming, repairing PC’s and peripherals, and providing excellent technical support. Ideal position would focus on web design/programming and provide exposure to various design projects in different market segments, (i.e. corporate, e‑commerce, etc.)
I’m a creative genius when it comes to problem solving of all kinds. What makes me unique is not only being highly technically skilled, but also having the ability to communicate complicated technical concepts effectively with clients, customers, vendors, management, coworkers, and average joes with little or no technical knowledge. I maintain a blog at kristobaldude.wordpress.com and have designed websites for clients including schools, entertainers, and entrepreneurs. Currently I’m lead guitarist in the band NOT BY CHAINS and am frequently in other states. I am interested in part-time contract opportunities only. I gravitate more toward the graphic design aspect, but I am skilled at coding as well. If you feel someone with my unique qualifications fits the bill, don’t hesitate to contact me via email or by phone. Thanks!
Freelance Graphic Designer, 2009 – Present
(Self-Employed) | U.S.A.
- Created layouts and wrote copy for magazines, music CD’s, business cards, and iPhone/Android mobile phone style wallpapers.
- Programmed PHP applications to implement Google Maps API.
- Built custom Flash MXP extensions.
- Developed data-mining and analysis scripts, using LAMP/WAMP framework.
Network Engineer, 2005 – 2009
Hewlett-Packard | Waterloo, IA
- Serviced HP Proliant servers for Fortune 500 clients and local merchants.
- Diagnosed and Repaired laser printers, laptops, desktops, workstations, and servers for Fortune 500 and government clients in the Midwest.
- As Telecommuter, responsible for coordinating projects with coworkers and planning & organizing my own day.
- Developed lasting business relationships with clients and contractors.
IT Specialist, 2003 – 2005
University of Northern Iowa | Cedar Falls, IA
- Created professional-quality graphics for flyers, posters, & promotions using Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator.
- Updated & maintained web pages with Dreamweaver, FrontPage, and Flash MX.
AIX Helpdesk Technician, 2000 – 2002
IBM | Rochester, MN
- Built secure Perl/CGI applications for enterprise user administration.
- Provided technical support to over 2000 users of AIX systems.
SKILLS & PROFICIENCIES
SOFTWARE: Lotus SmartSuite, MS Office 2007 (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook), Adobe CS4, Acronis True Image.
OS: Windows 7/XP/Vista, Mac OSX, Linux, AIX 4.3.
HARDWARE: Laser Printers, Laptops, Desktops, Servers & peripherals.
- Able to gather requirements and develop effective solutions
- Excellent oral/ written communication skills.
- Goal/ Detail-oriented; able to meet deadlines.
- Effective analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Taught/Teaching myself these topics:
IT Project Management | (Preparing for Project+ Certification)
LaserJet University | (Specialized in Multi-function printer/scanner/copiers)
Project Management Course | (Team-Building module)
B.S., Information Technology
University of Phoenix | Online (In-Progress)
A.A.S., Electronic Engineering Technology
Hawkeye College | Waterloo, IA