So I broke down yesterday, after drinking juice all day at work, when I got home and ended up eating some nut mix and some oriental crackers, and chocolate covered toffe nuts (delish!). I was just way hungry and my burning hemorrhoid was really putting a damper on my day. That’s why this is now the true start of my juice-fast.
I read a quote somewhere to the effect of everyone thinks that talk about farts and poop and problems with your butthole is amusing unless you happen to be one of the people suffering with those problems. I believe that IBS, Chron’s, Constipation, Diarrhea, … even Fibromyalgia, are all basically the same thing. That is, they are manifestations of your body’s inability to succesfully rid itself of toxins that have built up over time. In my mind this would explain why many folks, (yours truly included), can go for 20 or 30 years never having a problem until all of a sudden, seemingly “out-of-the-blue”, they are stricken with some ‘incurable’ disease.
Some practitioners of Alternative Medicine actually hold that the whole concept of “disease” is a mindset perpetuated by the medical industry who’s underlying goal appears to be money rather than altruistic concern for people’s health, based on a misunderstanding of what is being observed. I have to agree with them for the most part.
I laid on bed chest down last night after applying a some aloe vera gel internally and externally up and down my buttcrack because I had actually developed some kind of jock itch, but on my taint and around my anus. The only thing that seemed to help is a virtual cure all salve I invented about 3 years ago, which is basically a mixture of raw honey, and about 10 drops of peppermint oil and 10 drops of tea tree oil.
The honey is a natural antibiotic and healer. The tea tree fights infections and fungus, and the peppermint provides a burning/cooling sensation that kinda makes the itching go away. Many of us are aware that histamine is the “itch” chemical that gets activated when you have a rash, or hives, or get bitten by mosquitos. I suppose its likely that peppermint temporarily (effects lasting 2 to 12 hours depending on dosage) suppresses histamine in some way. Anyway, all I know is I made it, I tested it, and it works and I’ve been using it for years. In fact, I’ve used my salve for all kinds of things including ear infection (instant relief/3 days to fully clear), basic cuts (instead of triple antibiotic, although in severe cases only tripAB seemed to do the job quickly). And much much more.
On the same note, after having innefective experience with OTC athlete’s foot medicine, and not willing to pay the cost to go to a doctor and get a prescription for high strength anti-fungal medicine, I looked into herbs and natural medicines, and it’s actually been so long now that I don’t even remember exactly how I came up with it, but I think i just read somewhere that peppermint oil soothes itches and rashes and such. So, I said ‘hey, let’s throw some peppermint oil in with my hemp lotion and see what happens’. And again, I’ve been using the same recipe for years as an athlete’s foot cream. I mix about 2 oz of lotion with 10-20 drops of peppermint oil. The only change I made was adding tea-tree oil, but about 5-7 drops. Works like a frickin’ charm.
Well, I’m getting tired so let me just bullet point some random things real quick:
- in North Florida, where I live, it was freekin’ cold today (48 ° C). Don’t get me wrong, I’ve come from Iowa where it regularly dips to 20 below in Winter. But here in Florida, it was 80 ° the day before!
- I made my firs green juice today with my top-of-the-line, Dan the Man approved Breville $400 I-forget-the-name badass juice machine. Ingredients were 3 types of apples including granny smith, gala, and some heirloom variety, carrots, celery, ginger, romaine lettuce, and collard greens. It wasn’t bad. It made almost exactly 36 fl oz which I poured into 2 Nalgene bottles.
- Hems not itching as bad today as yesterday.
- I believe due to the drastic overnight temperature differential I am starting to develop a tickle/itch/cough in my throat. Also experienced hiccups today as well.
- Last night right before bed I made a test webpage that demonstrates jQuery, PHP, and self-posting forms, built with Komodo.
- Purchased and registered rawlifewizard.com and thrashmetalmania.com — Fuck yeah! I can’t believe nobody had those yet. But I lucked out and got what I wanted the first time … (power of attraction/secret anyone?)
- Brought rest of my nut snacks to work today, threw out last of my salsa and began the first step on a long journey towards complete healing and health! I am shooting for a 30 day juice fast ( I did 35 days on nothing but grapes one time so we’ll see how this goes) … baby steps … and hopefully extend it to a year if I see that I’m continuing to get health and wellness improved by staying on it.
- Note, as part of the “healing crisis” that results from triggering your body’s detox process, I think that could explain why my teeth are hurting after drinking 14 oz of my green concoction.
So, overall things are great! I made my 40 hours this week so I will proably stay home and do laundry and work on some programming stuff. I plan to apply the aloe gel everyday this weekend along with the peppermint salve. If all goes well, my fungal infection will be totally erradicated, and the cracked skin that resulted as a complication in my butt-crack should have almost completely healed.
Have a great night and Be Blessed!