Green Juice Fast – Day 10
Last night was the worst so far. I feel like I kinda know what Jesus felt like when he was alone in the desert for 40 days. The devil came to me last night while I was watching online entertainment … I forget what it was. Anyway, a pain in my right side kept gnawing away like a rat through a sewer pipe. That pain, my friends was hunger. The devil crept into my mind and was saying things like “Forget your fasting … you are in so much pain, why don’t you just go buy a pizza … or wouldn’t some nice Doritos or those Avocado chips you love be great right now? Besides, if you find a take-and-bake pizza joint like Pappa Murphy’s, that’s the healthiest you can get! Come on … wha’d ya say?” I had to to grab hold of my mind, endure the suffering, and look the devil square in the eyes and say “Tempting offer son, but I’m on a mission. No thanks”
So, let’s discuss fasting in general. When you really break it down, the simplest explanation of fasting is voluntary deprivation of all or most food for a given length of time. In other words, nobody is forcing you to do this, nor is anyone keeping food from you. You are doing it to yourself.
Why would anyone go through such torturous deprivation? Well, fasting could be done for religious reasons, ritual cleansing, to punish oneself as atonement for some sin, or to purify and detoxify the body. The latter is applicable to my case.
So, I press on. Knowing that in the end, I will be victorious at healing myself of all my ills. I suffer temporary hardships to reap longer-lasting rewards.
NEW JUICE BATCH
I made a new batch of juice today. Felt pretty good that I’ve almost got an efficient routine now, and getting some recipes figured out really helps.
Today’s batch is very potent and consists of these ingredients:
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 handful parsley
- 5 small lemons, peeled
- 6 small limes
- 1 head of kale
- ¼ head red cabbage
- 3 thumbs ginger
- 3 beets
- 6 large sticks celery
- 8 large carrots
- ½ bunch of collard greens
- 2 small cucumbers
Note: I did not use the garlic this time, as I felt it would contradict the licorice flavor I expected from the fennel. Strangely, there is no licorice flavor at all discernable in the new mix.
SOME SIDE EFFECTS OF FASTING
Here are some of the side effects of fasting I have experienced between today and yesterday. I post this so anyone reading this who is going through these same mysterious experiences can know You Are Not Alone!
- Do you know what it’s like when you look at a bright light for a bit, and when you look away, now there is a blotch of light? I’m having that a lot more often.
- The itching in my lower region is still present, but at 90% less than 6 days ago. In fact, it is now mostly only under my ballsack and at the ‘peaks’ of my butt-cheeks.
- Farted a lot today for the first time in about a week.
- Weight: 185 lb./Body Fat: 21.1% (down 7 lbs from last week, 2% bf)
- Lethargy & soreness
- Temporary dizzy spells. When I got out of a warm bath I literally got dizzy and as I was falling, had to grab onto a wall for stability. Though it only lasted about 20 seconds, for that brief period it was as if I was in a trance of some sort. Like I left my body, and returned shortly thereafter.
- I think perhaps my sense of smell is heightened. When my roommate is cooking pizza, I smell it and it smells delicious.
Well, that’s all for now.
Here’s wishing you all a great week ahead. Be blessed. 🙂
- Juice fasting (jsdrftng.wordpress.com)
- Juice Fast Diary – Day 4 (3dhealthforlife.wordpress.com)
- 9 days of juice fasting (jsdrftng.wordpress.com)