Green Juice Fast – Day 6
I’m afraid I’ve developed a severe candida infestation. My groin is terribly itchy including my ballsack, my taint, my anus and parts of my thigh. I’m starting to think that candida has been in my body all along, since before I began my fast, and may a root cause of my chronic tiredness, but then again maybe not. The only thing I know for sure is it was with me at least 5 days ago. It’s emergence really does seem to coincide with when I stopped eating microwaved chicken enchiladas, chips, salsa, icecream, hummus, and nuts, and started drinking more fruit juices in preparing to begin my fast.
So, did the increase in (and basically replacement of) fruit based juices in my diet lead to this seeming explosion of candida?
Remedies Used and Efficacy:
Peppermint Oil, Tea Tree Oil, & Honey:
This is prepared as a salve (as mentioned in this post). It seemed to be effective for about 3 days. Unfortunately, on day 3 of my fast it seemed to loose it’s efficacy which was baffling to me.
Bentonite Clay (the kind for internal and external use):
I have been using this for 3 days now. The way it works is you mix equal parts clay powder (comes in a round container with an Aztec temple on it) and warm to hot water. The instructions say don’t use a metallic utensil to stir. In my case, I mix it in a plastic disposable cup (like the kind you find at keggers) with the non-writing end of a plastic cased writing utensil, like a sharpie. Stir fast for about a minute and it’s ready to go.
Next, take the clay mixture and spread it down the middle of two facial tissues stacked on top of each other. Spread the mixture the whole length of the the tissue about 2 inches wide. Carefully pick up the Kleenex from the bottom and align the middle of the tissue with your buttcrack and the basically apply the clay by pressing into your buttcrack. (This type of clay is all natural and is safe for internal use). Then use the tissue and kinda smear the clay around. The idea is you want it to coat everywhere that the itching is occurring. Until the clay begins to set (about 20 minutes) you may feel discomfort and more itching because of the moistness which feeds the yeast (candida). However, you should start to experience relief within about 30 minutes maximum. One caveat however: this can get messy so I recommend sacrificing a pair of cotton underwear layered under cotton lounge pants to the gods of healing.
At first you might think “Rubbing clay on my asshole is going to feel like I shit my pants – No thank you!” I know, I thought that too at first … that’s part of the reason why I bought this stuff six months ago and have only now been desperate enough to try it. But, to the contrary, after it sets up, it feels kinda like a plaster mold and kinda like it’s not even there – it’s weird that way. I think maybe it has thermoconductive properties that make it assume the same temperature as your body. Regardless, this has proven an effective, if not strange, modality for treating jock itch/candida overgrowth with relief lasting over 12 hours.
Unfortunately, the one bad part is that I start to itch again around noon. Not everywhere, as most of the clay is still in effect, but even in places where the clay is clearly sitting, the itching will just randomly resume. Could it be that the random itching actually coincides with my lunch meal drink, which today was 4 different varieties of sweet apples, granny smith apples, pears, carrots, ginger, greens, and lemons?
So, I’m sitting here typing this post after having applied a new “mud pack” (which is how you can think of the clay, I guess) and I’m feeling a lot of relief. My last green drink was about 3 hours ago. That is relevant because in my search earlier this evening to find information about clay, candida & juice fasting altogether I discovered some interesting info already out there:
Recommends juices made with these ingredients for candida sufferers:
- cranberries, broccolli, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, celery, leafy greens, onions, squash, sweet potato and red pepper, garlic, ginger, parsley
- minimize fruit sugars as much as possible
- granny smith apples, lemons, limes and cranberries are the standard candida diet fruits that are allowed
Offers a step-by-step treatment for Candida Overgrowth
- begin with a fast to remove all sugars from the diet and reveal food allergies that often co-exist with Candida. Fasting also allows the body to detoxify and boost the immune function.
- fast on 3 days of vegetable juices. best is carrot (1 part), celery, beet and parsley (1/3 part each) and water. unsweetened peppermint or chamomile tea are ok to drink.
- there may be discomfort while fasting as the yeast dies off and toxins are released into the bloodstream. Headaches, dizziness, bad breath and pimples are not unusual. Don’t worry about these, they will disappear as the yeast dies down. Try to schedule the 2nd and 3rd days of the fast over a weekend so that you don’t have to be energetic unless you feel up to it.
- when you break the fast don’t go back to eating heavy cooked foods right away or you will shock the body [Editor’s Note: I learned this one the hard way. When I did my first fruit fast I actually made that mistake and lets just say I lived in the bathroom for about 2 days after I first tried to eat cooked and processed food again!]
I’m falling asleep and I hungry … strange combination. Lol. No it really sucks! Argghh…
Well, I hope this info has been useful to some of you.
Have a blessed day!