Greetings glorious beings-of-light! Here’s a quick update on my progress with DE and the teeth grinding issues:
I had a bowel movement on Saturday (10/12) and Sunday (10/08). This is great news because I haven’t really changed my diet except to starting eating 3-4 apples or pears a day and taking the DE. I know the DE is what made me start BMing regularly. Here’s a quick breakdown of my DE consumption:
- 10/9 – 1 heaping tablespoon (HTBS) of diatomaceous earth (DE) stirred into 8oz luke-warm water. Around 10am and 10pm.
- 10/10 – None.
- 10/11 – 1 HTBS, 1x (evening). [received new 3-lb shipment of DE from Nature’s Wisdom, via Amazon.com
- 10/12 – 1 HTBS + 8oz warm apple cider, 2X (morning & night)
- 10/13 – 1 HTBS + 8oz warm apple cider, 2x (morning & night)
Have been wearing dental guard every night since the night of 10/08/13; marked improvement. Here are my observations thus far:
- Teeth aren’t as sensitive to cold anymore-still some sensitivity though.
- Jaw hinges are sorer each morning it seems. I believe I read somewhere that this is normal while the mouth adjusts to the new positioning.
The thought occurred to me recently that the root cause of my extreme fatigue and such, may in large part be due to this sequence of cause-effect:
- Dentist grinds down my teeth to install fillings.
- Upper teeth have a natural need to touch the lower teeth
- Both upper and lower teeth, because there surfaces are now lower than they naturally were, must overextend the jaw muscles and tendons to shut properly.
- Jaw muscles and tendons get sore from abnormal extension.
- Jaw gets used to clamping tight to stay shut (otherwise there will be a gap between upper and lower teeth in resting/relaxed state, which will look odd.
- Grinding is really from the upper and lower teeth trying to find a tight seal with each other. Since there is no tight seal, the grinding is continuous.
- Teeth grinding and jaw clamping lead to further shortening of the tooth length, which exacerbates this cycle.
NEVER USE POOL-GRADE — ONLY USE FOOD GRADE DIATOMACEOUS EARTH FOR USE AROUND AND INSIDE HUMANS AND ANIMALS — POOL-GRADE IS TOXIC !!!
605total visits,2visits today