Purpose: Notes for first week of Project Underdog Cohort 4.
What is Underdog Devs?
What is Project Underdog Cohort 4?
What are the requirements to Cohort 4?
This question could also be phrased “What are my obligations for Cohort 4?”
In order to successfully complete the cohort program, there were a few
guidelines posted. These are the items that must be attended to each week:
- Weekly pair programming with mentors (the pairing and scheduling will
- Homework from mentors
- Online courses or bootcamps
- Additional practice problems you find and complete on your own
- Pair programming with other mentees in study groups
- Work on portfolio projects to showcase on GitHub and your resume
My Questions this Week
- Q: What kind of mentee am I?
My Tentative STUDY PLAN
- PHP Developer Path
- REST API
SUPPLEMENTAL / INTERVIEW PREP
- Do you have an online course you are working through that you like?
I’m working through this course learning path – Basically a degree /
bootcamp from LinkedIn:
- Do you have a source for programming practice problems that you like?
I’ll be doing the Neetcode Blind 75 https://neetcode.io/practice
- Are you already participating in any group study sessions?
I participate in Study Session on Sunday and Wednesday, Android Study Group on Wed, and as of this week, DevOps
My Tentative STUDY SCHEDULE
[Take a stretch/snack/bio break at the end of every hour]
|8am – 11am:||Work through online course|
|11am – 12pm:||Work on mentor homework|
|12pm – 1pm:||Lunch break|
|1pm – 2pm:||Mentor pair programming session|
|2pm – 4pm:||Work on LeetCode programs|
|4pm – 5pm:||Mentee group programming session|
Homework for this week
DevOps Study Group:
- Find /usr/bin/
- Pick one to 3 programs, run “man” command on them
- Give a brief report on each of the 3 chosen commands
- How to count in Binary
- Read about UNIX / Linux FILE permissions and provide some examples
What Resources are Availble to Learn Software Development and progress
through this cohort?
- The Odin Project via theodinproject.com
- DSA via frontendmasters.com by ThePrimeagen
Leetcode / Coding Interview Challenges