Solved: WORD 2007 (red underlined text)

Red underlined text means “Track Changes” is on. (Pic:

“You appear to have “Track Changes” on.

point the mouse at each occurence in red +underline and click the right mouse button.
You should see menu choices Accept insertion & Reject insertion.

by clicking on Accept insertion, you will see the text revert to normal type.

I am not sure where the menu option is for turning off “track changes ” but in the older versions it was Tools, Track changes – its a toggle switch.
The keyboard shortcut for switching it on or off in older versions is

Hold the Ctrl + Shift keys down on your keyboard.
Whilst the keys are held down, press the letter “e”down once
Then release the Ctrl +Shift keys

Date Published: 2010-06-05
Date Updated: 2022-09-05

Eric Hepperle

Eric loves to write code, play guitar, and help businesses solve challenges with code and design.
Notify of

Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x