I did multiple google searches for the following search terms: “Netflix down, Netflix site down, Netflix not working, Netflix Outage, Netflix Instant Watching Trouble, Netflix problems December 8 2009, what’s wrong with netflix?“, none of which returned any relevant results for the last 24 hours. So, I decided to blog about it in case anyone else is experiencing this issue and looking for some solace and understanding.
I don’t know exactly what the root of the problem is, but the symptoms are these:
- I can log into Netflix.com fine
- I can click into a movie’s description page fine
- Hovering doesn’t seem to be working (implies AJAX-related problem)
- Unable to load and watch “instant-watch” movies, and sometimes Internet Explorer hangs when attempting to load the movie.
- Same results on multiple computers.
I would be VERY interested to know:
A) IS anyone else is experiencing this issue, and
B) Has anyone knowledge of what is going on and/or any feasible solutions, or ETA’s for repair?